Architectural thinking: designing system and application architectures. Focusing on cloud architectures, end-to-end integration and artificial intelligence to combine innovation with sound architectural design.
Coaching and developing teams of people to unleash their potential
Multiple years of project experience with current NLP techniques.
Business and technology consulting
Machine Learning expert, profound theoretical knowledge & practical project experience.
I enjoy bringing together business and technical strategy to solve complex business use cases across multiple industries and research areas, leveraging cloud architectures, DevOps, artificial intelligence and process digitization.
- Responsible for strategic digitization strategy including AI and cloud
- Designing, developing and leading a team through the delivery of a digital strategy and digital services for automation, artificial intelligence and scalable architectures in today’s cloud-driven world
- Lead architect facing clinics, insurance companies and authorities to bring cloud-driven data architectures to life and improve patient care & safety
- Strategic selection of process digitization strategies
- Change management and up-skilling strategy development
- Bridging the gap between business & IT strategy and cutting-edge technology
Architect, Managing Consultant & team lead for Artificial Intelligence focussing on Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning and the entire cognitive IBM Watson portfolio. Member of the IBM Technical Expert Council.
- TOGAF certified Senior IT Architect
- Cognitive Factory champion for Germany, harvesting and enhancing an asset culture for quick and consistent deployments
- Senior strategic advisor for business adoption of AI and cloud
- Lead Architect for full-lifecycle AI projects from requirements analysis to successful delivery
- Expert for scalable cloud and AI projects
- Managing a team of data scientists, developers and consultants to shape and deliver state-of-the-art AI projects across multiple industries
- Head of Department „Cloud & AI“: strategy and budget responsibility + career coach and mentor for career development
Senior Cognitive Computing Consultant for IBM focussing on Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning and the entire IBM Watson portfolio. Developing and applying state-of-the-art methods from natural language processing to solve complex business issues and optimise processes.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Client-facing consultant and architect for Text Mining & Machine Learning, AI
- Automatic classification and processing of customer communication using Machine Learning and design of chatbot system powered by artificial intelligence
- Design Thinking workshops
- Bringing together client stakeholders with development team
- Machine Learning, Text & Data Mining, Deep Learning
- Java, Python and NodJS development, Apache UIMA
- Deep Learning development with TensorFlow
- IBM Watson Services (Watson Explorer, Discovery, Knowledge Studio, Watson Conversation)
- Database design & development (NoSQL, RDBMS)
- DevOps, CI/CD
- Platform as a service (PaaS) using cloud infrastructure (Kubernetes, Docker) and DevOps toolchains
Data Scientist for Deutsche Bahn (DB Fernverkehr AG) focusing on Text Mining and Machine Learning to reveal insights from customer feedback.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Leading a team of external developers (Scrum) to improve Text Mining processes
- Analysis and combination of heterogenous data sources to derive KPIs
- Collaboration with decision makers regarding the instantiation of a company-wide feedback system
- Consultant for „analysis as a service“ — coordinating data mining requirements between customers and developers
- Consultant for suitable Machine Learning and Data Mining approaches
- Java and Python development
- Database development and analysis: MS-SQL & NoSQL databases
- Statistical modeling: R, python, Weka ML
- Topic Modeling and MS-SSIS
Researcher at the Database Systems Research group, led by Prof. Dr. Michael Gertz. My work focused on Natural Language Processing in general and Digital Humanities, Information Extraction and Social Network Analysis in particular. Primary research topic: revealing and analysing the evolution of news networks.
Research assistant (Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter) at the Computational Linguistics research group, supervised by Prof. Dr. Anette Frank. Lecturer of the compulsory lecture „Advanced, object-oriented programming with Java“.
Student research assistant at the project Ritualdynamik, working on Coreference Resolution and Discourse Processing in a Digital Humanities context.
NLP group – HITS gGmbH Heidelberg. Student research assistant, working on machine learning for summarization, supervised by Prof. Dr. Michael Strube and Darla Shockley.
Title of my MA thesis: A Joint Inference Architecture for Global Coreference Clustering with Anaphoricity. Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Anette Frank